Annual Report – Dr. Smitha Girija
In her address on the occasion of the 22nd Convocation held on 25th August 2017 at IILM Institute for Higher Education, New Delhi, Dr. Smitha Girija – Director PGDM, took the opportunity to share with the Chief Guest, Mr. Bharat Kaushal – Managing Director, Hitachi India Private Limited, proud parents and graduates some of the major achievements of the Institute. She highlighted that :
1. 296 students of the PG class of 2017 were conferred their PG Diplomas in Management. IILM’s aim was to optimally utilize the time spent by the students at the Institute and maximize their learning experience. It made rigorous efforts to actively engage industry in the Program by means of visiting professionals from industry, curriculum seminars and involvement of several its alumni and recruiters in all the activities.
2. Placement for the Batch 2017 was a rewarding experience. IILM initiated several additional steps for widening placement choices for the students through active engagement with many of new companies. Some of its students also started their own ventures or joined their family business. She also mentioned that IILM looked forward to them for generating a new opportunity for others in the near future.
3. Based on the report and recommendations of the Peer Review Team, the Association of Management Development Institutes of South Asia (AMDISA), has awarded the prestigious SAQS Re-accreditation to IILM for a period of 5 years. IILM’s Greater Noida Campus has been re-accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and in the process of NAAC accreditation. The institute has submitted the unit application for AACSB Accreditation and has been given the member status.
4. IILM is a member of the United Nations Global Compact Initiative – “PRME”, and has earned the coveted ‘Champion business school’ status. This year in July during the Global Forum in New York, PRME launched the India Chapter. IILM is a Co-lead along with Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore and S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai.
5. IILM offers a wide range of Executive Education Programmes on various platforms. It has organized Training programs for IAS and IPS officers for over 10 years and has been conducting customized Training programs for leading PSUs like NTPC, GAIL, NBCC, BHEL, and EIL. IILM has also been training executives of IBM and Concentrix in the areas of developing basic management knowledge and skills. In total, it has trained 5000 executives from PSUs and Corporate in last three years.
6. IILM has set up a Centre for Excellence in Family Business since many of its students have a background of family business. IILM Family Business Institute is an institutional member of Family Firm Institute, Chicago which is a well-known organization in the area. The Centre will take up research and training and will provide a platform for discussions through conferences and seminars which will help students, alumni, and parents.
7. IILM has also constituted an Entrepreneurship Development Centre with the primary aim of encouraging entrepreneurial mindset among students. The Centre organizes one-on-one interaction with students, workshops and simulations and sessions with entrepreneurs to guide and mentor them for their ventures.
8. Another integral part of the PGDM curriculum is the Global Study Program. All the students attend a 4 weeks’ program at one of the international partner schools in Europe or Canada. Over the year, the students have had the opportunity to go to IILM’s partner schools in Germany, France, Spain, and Canada. Learning through this global exposure has proved to be of great value to the students. And IILM continues to strengthen this by linking it with its electives courses.
9. IILM also has Visiting Eminent Professors Program which is designed to provide an opportunity to the students and faculty members to interact with distinguished academicians from reputed Institutes in India and abroad. During this summer, Prof Shailesh Gandhi, Dean IIM-Ahmedabad conducted a workshop on Case Method Teaching for all the faculty members. IILM has also been inviting eminent faculty members from leading business schools in India and overseas for teaching its students and conducting faculty development programs. Apart from this, in the last academic year, over 20 international professors from its partner institutes have imparted courses at IILM.
Since 1993, IILM is a pioneer in Management education at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. IILM offers AICTE approved Post Graduate diploma in Management at its three well-located campuses in the National Capital.